Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On jobs and temping and getting really anxious

UPDATE:
Well, she finally emailed me back last night, answered my questions, and set up an interview time for tomorrow. I'm really excited about it. I'm just a little concerned because it sounds like she already has 4 other interviews tomorrow. I didn't realize there was going to be so much competition! Wish me luck...I'll update again tomorrow!!!

*****************************************************************************

So, I feel like my heart is going to beat right out of my chest at this very moment.

As some of you know, I received an email out of the blue last Friday from a graphic design company I had interviewed at for a receptionist job a few months ago. I didn't get that job, and I was really bummed about it, but I got over it. Well, on Friday, she sent me an email, asking if I was still looking for a position, because they are looking to hire a project manager. I have been SOOOO excited about it since then! I got in touch with her that afternoon, but we weren't able to talk, so she asked me to email her my questions about the job. I emailed her yesterday, and she will be back at work today after the long weekend, so today is the day that we need to talk! I'm really excited about this...It sounds like the perfect career job for me (from what I know of the job).

Now, the thing that is freaking me out is the timing. I am working at a crappy temp job, and I am so excited for my contract to be over. I agreed to stay til the end of February, which happens to be two weeks from now. My agent called me this morning, and needs to know TODAY if I am still leaving, or if I am going to sign up to stay til the end of March. Of course I want to leave at the end of February, but I'm still not sure what's going to happen with the job at the design firm! I have to talk to the designer today so I can find out what time frame they are looking to hire someone, and whether or not I even have a good shot at getting the job or not. This could be huge...I am about to go call her. Hopefully it will work out okay so I can call the temp agency and tell them I am still done in two weeks!!!

Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

EEEK! I am so excited for you! Good Luck!

CB said...

This sounds perfect for you! GL!! Keep us posted.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I am sooo excited for you!! I'm nervous with you!