Monday, March 3, 2008

Good weekend.

Yes, it was! It's really been lasting for a long time. Since Wednesday, my father- and brother-in-law along with BIL's girlfriend have been in town, staying at our house with us. They are always tons of fun, and this time is no different! This is the first time I've really hung out with Brittany, so we've been having fun being girls while the boys are being boys.

On Wednesday, when they got in, we had our friends Chris & Holly come over, as well as Matt and Jamie and Keziah, our usual crew, and we all BBQ'd. It was lots of fun. :)

On Thursday and Friday, Mike and I still had to work, but we still had fun in the evenings. On Friday evening, the 5 of us went to Stone Brewery in Escondido for dinner and drinks. They have SUCH a nice restaurant there! It is a bit pricey, but since all their food is organic, it costs them more, so I don't mind paying a little more after knowing the reason why. My friend Natalie actually interviewed Greg Koch, the CEO of the company! I feel special having such a famous friend. :)

Having some fun while we waited for our table. :)

On Saturday, Mike took his brother out to have his hand at surfing. I finally made it down to our beach for the first time since we've lived there! Alas, 'tis as I expected...cold, windy, and boring. I did see Mike stand up on his board once, but other than that, I think I'm going to wait for summer to go to the beach! I just don't see the point of standing on the beach in the cold. No bueno.

Saturday night, we watched "30 Days of Night." I had been so excited to see it, but unfortunately it did not deliver. Sure, it had some cool graphics and was filmed nicely, but the story was just so predictable and common. Oh well.

Yesterday we went out to Viejas to play bingo and eat the buffet! We must have all eaten a LOT because it was the only meal we ended up eating all day!!! None of us won at bingo, but it was definitely fun. Our guests gambled for hours, while Mike and I hit up the outlet shops. I did get a new shirt (which I am wearing today!) but nothing else seemed that amazing. We were there for 6 hours total though...wow! We must have been having fun!

Last night we engaged in a friendly game of Cranium. We chose to play girls against boys....family against the newcomers....and played the "Family Get Together" edition. Brittany and I called our team the "Spicy Cupcakes" while the boys were the "Poots." Yes, seriously. I'm sure you can guess, but us girls totally destroyed the boys. Sounds like we know them better than they know us. But that's no surprise!

I'm looking forward to 2 1/2 more days of fun with them! :)

4 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Girl! You make me feel way to blessed to have such a nice friend that says nice things to me!

Rachel said...

LOL at "team poots"! Love the new look, BTW!

Alanna said...

Thanks! I decided to upgrade my blogs a bit today. So much fun! :)

April said...

Oh man, what a fun weekend! :) We played Cranium 2 years ago on our Hilton Head family vacay and it was the most hilarious thing EVA!