Thursday, March 6, 2008

Breakdown

You ever have one of those days when you just want to cry for no real apparent reason? Seriously. So annoying. I had such a great day yesterday...I was actually in a good mood, excited about my interview, feeling good about life in general. I was excited to get home and see my husband and hang out together, since his family had left that morning.

Well, I got home, and everything just fell apart. He said we'd been invited to have dinner at roommie's girlfriend's house. I assumed he wanted to go, so I said okay. Turns out neither of us wanted to go, but didn't convey it very well. A miscommunication. So, I was already a little sad over that, since I had just bought ingredients for dinner, and was hoping for a romantic night in.

Then...I got the mail. Oh no. My car payment, which should have been paid over 2 weeks ago never made it to my bank. WTF??!??!?! I ran to check my bank account, and sure enough, the payment had definitely come out of my account. My money was floating in outerspace somewhere. Meanwhile, while I'm freaking out about my car payment, Mike opens our gas & electric bill. Shocker....turns out they had misbilled us on our last invoice, so now we don't owe $100, but $450. In 2 weeks. Um, no!!!!! So, he was on the phone with them trying to figure out why we owed so much for something that was their fault, and trying to figure out how to get it fixed.

All the while, Mike's friends were over, waiting for Mike so they could go play hackey-sack. Hello, I need to talk to my husband first so we can figure out what we are doing tonight! I pretty much lost it at that point. Yes, tears, sobbing (not bad sobbing, but still) and all. We ended up figuring out that we did both want to stay home alone together. So that worked out. He tried to calm me down, and then went with the boys for an hour or so. I had to stop myself from crying and quivering, and got back on the phone to work out my car payment problem.

In the end, things got worked out...there are still money issues and bank issues, but it's solvable. Good grief, I hate days like that. But luckily, dinner was excellent...and we had a lovely night together. :)

Hooray!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry about your bad day, I hate when stuff like that happens.

Alanna said...

Aw, thanks! I'm just glad it got better pretty quickly! :)

CB said...

I am sorry love. I think everyone has their breaking point. You got hit with alot all at once. Glad you and Mike talked it through together.
((H+L))